Drill Cool's GCFX Geo‑Chiller™
The industry’s drilling fluid chiller
designed to handle any environment from an offshore installation in the Gulf of Mexico to the extreme cold of Northern Alaska.
Ideal in Arctic Drilling and SAGD applications, the Geo‑Chiller™ offers easy installation, full temperature control, user-friendly control interface, portable two-module design, and is environmentally friendly.
- Shipped ready to go, installs within hours
- No onsite operator required
- Ultra wide gap exchanger for Drilling Fluid, allowing passage of solids to ¾″ (19mm) diameter
- Can handle all types of drilling fluids
- Fully integrated control system with self-diagnostics and satellite communications
- Includes engineering assistance & site location planning
1000 GPM / 3785 LPM
480VAC / 3∅ /60Hz
L x W x H
45′ x 17′ x 10′
13.7m x 5.2m x 3m
80,000LBS / 36,287.4KG
Drilling Fluid Parameters
- Drilling Fluid Nominal Flow Rate: 1000 gpm (3785 lpm)
- Drilling Fluid Maximum Flow Rate: 1200 gpm (4542 lpm)
- Drilling Fluid Operating Pressure: 50 psi (3.4 bar)
- Drilling Fluid Maximum Pressure: 100 psi (6.9 bar)
- Drilling Fluid Inlet / Outlet Connection: 6″ Grooved (Victaulic Style)
- Drilling Fluid Types: WBM, OBM & Synthetic OBM
- Max Drilling Fluid Properties: 18 ppg, PV-50 cP, YP-30 lb/100′
- Power: 480 VAC,3∅ 60 hz
- Current: 800 amps
Length: 20′ (6.1m), Width: 8′ (2.4m), Height: 8′ 6″ (2.7m)
Length: 45′ (13.7m), Width: 9′ (2.7m), Height: 10′ (3.1m)
- Exchanger /Control Module Shipping Weight*: 35,000 lb (15,876 kg)
- Air Cooler Module Shipping Weight*: 8,818 lb (4,000 kg)
- Chiller Module Shipping Weight*: 45,000 lb (20,412 kg)
*Shipping weight is dry.
More about the Geo‑Chiller™
The Geo‑Chiller™ is the most robust and reliable industrial drilling fluid chiller available. The Geo‑Chiller™ utilizes a time-proven industrial refrigeration system to reliably cool wellbore drilling fluids. The Geo‑Chiller™ boasts a fully integrated control system with self-diagnostics and satellite communications. The Geo‑Chiller™ is designed to handle any environment from an offshore installation in the Gulf of Mexico to the extreme cold of Northern Alaska.
In Arctic Drilling the Geo‑Chiller™ not only stabilizes the wellbore and drilling rig, but also stabilizes the permafrost, to ensure that drilling is performed on solid arctic formations. In SAGD applications, Geo‑Chilled drilling fluid allows the bitumen formation to remain intact during drilling operations, thus minimizing wellbore instability.
Geo‑Chiller™ - with or without?
Arctic Drilling with Temperature Control
Geo‑Chilled casing not only results in more stable wellbore but ensures the stability of the drilling rig and conductor. Geo‑Chilling stabilizes the permafrost alowing drilling to continue into solid formations.
Arctic Drilling without Temperature Control
Drilling without Geo‑Chilled casing will compromise the stability of the drilling rig and surface casing. Heat induced by the drilling operations affects not only surface operations but will result in ubstable wellbore conditions at great depths.
SAGD Applications with Geo‑Chiller™
Geo‑Chilling the drilling fluid allows the bitumen formation to remain intact during drilling operations, thus minimizing wellbore instability, mitigating risks and preventing Non Productive Time.
SAGD without Geo‑Chiller™
Heat induced by drilling operations is transferred directly into the bitumen formation. The heated formation becomes unstable and problematic to wellbore and drilling operations.
GCFX Geo‑Chiller Installation Photos